Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Got it


Just as I was leaving the office last night the guy selling this guitar called me back to say that he was in CPH and had the guitar with him so I arranged to go and meet up. It sounds really good and I think it is nice that it has been gently used. There are no major dings or marks, the neck is straight and the top is flat.

The only real problem is that I can't really play much on it. I can get lots of chords, but I need to work a lot on changing between them accurately and then quickly.

The most amuzing thing was that the guy (a music student) was selling the guitar to get a new flat screen TV for his bedroom in a shared house. When I asked about the 37" one on the wall, he said that he needed a new one. That was too small and anyway it was 4 or 5 years old now. Apparently he is getting a 50" 3D TV despite apparently having no idea about what you can see on it. He seemed to think that all TV became 3D on a 3D TV. I think he is in for a dissapointment...

(I should point out that he will be a very long way from affording the new TV with what I paid for the guitar.)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:57 pm

    Nice try to cover up the costs W! As a long suffering wife of a habitual guitar aquirer, I know these things!
    E
    PS AmuSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not hiding anything. it cost 1400kr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:54 pm

    Guitars are cheaper than watches and bicycles, cars, helicopters, aircraft carriers and 24 hour heating. It's just a matter of priorities.
    We may find that a guitar is the key to happiness in David Camerons happiness survey and then we'll all have to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:41 pm

    MK is very understanding, I suspect - perhaps W's chords are OK.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 pm

    Of course there seem to be an underlying to thi thread presumpion that listening to others playing is either pleasant or desirable. Maybe 5 months of winter is sufficient reason to find something to pluck in the dark.

    ReplyDelete