Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas is coming and I am getting fat

I have a grotty cold and a cough which stopped me riding my bike on the icy roads in the freezing cold this weekend. We went and bought a Christmas tree on Saturday morning and then MK and the boys went to a Christmas concert in the afternoon whilst I did the supermarket with most of the rest of the town.


On Sunday MK had arranged for some friends to come and make Christmas decorations at our house so we had a house full of kids and mums. I make some jam tarts and the first mince pies of the year which went down well. It turns out that I make really good pastry when I try, but thankfully I don't do it too often.




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:08 pm

    You seem to have turned your house into a den of elves for Christmas. Is your weight gain related to a role in a red suit ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 am

    Looks fun - I think that MK is very brave, but I suppose that it's what we did when you were little.
    Did DK spend all of the time on the floor peeking at proceedings?
    You've always made good pastry, much better than mine.
    You'll look great in the red suit.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only really brave when the parents are not there with them. Then it is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:36 pm

    balding father christmas - what next!

    ReplyDelete