Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Woolly hats

I appear to have less hair with each passing month at the moment and am considering taking drastic action to deal with it in the new year. I'm not considering hair plugs


or a wig

But the Bjarne Riis thinning solution.

One of the drawbacks of getting thinner on top (unfortunately not in the middle) is that ones head gets rather cold. The obvious solution of a hat is an excellent one, but my preference is for a woolly hat and therin lies my problem, wolly hats make my head itch. A lot.

The solution is merino wool (I suppose cashmere would work too) so I have challenged MK to knit me a merino wool hat and amazingly she has accepted. The yarn has been purchased along with kneedles and a pattern and I am confident that there will be something ready for me to wear before next winter. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:59 pm

    Grandad was thin on top but not around the middle - much more markedly than you.
    It's genetic.
    Tough.
    He wore a trilby in really cold weather.
    m

    ReplyDelete