Thursday, February 15, 2007

Telemark

If you look carefully at the picture below of MK skiing, you will note that she has her heel lifted, that is the telemark turn and it has been the revelation of our holiday. It is really good fun and much more majestic than alpine skiing and has an added beardy wierdy hippy factor. I think we are both pretty much hooked on this odd form of skiing.

As I have the opportunity to have a day skiing in Switzerland at the end of the month, I am determined to do it again (and again and again and again...)

The problem in France was that it was almost impossible to get boots to fit (even in a big resort) so I have invested in a pair of my own boots. Apparently there is only one model of one brand of boot that will fit me so, guess which I have chosen?! Scarpa T2X:


So the plan is that this will be me in a couple of weeks:



Maybe the next time we can go to the new home of telemark skiing: the rockies!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 pm

    Dickies days off has vanished (like an old oak table- that's esoteric)

    Does he now work 24/7?

    I know that this is not a message board, but somebody who reads this may know what he has written in order to be removed from cyberspace!
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 pm

    I think that it was discovered that Dick worked for MI5 - I had to agree not to blog when I joined.
    I thought that he was taking a risk.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:28 pm

    I think that most things that vanish appear at about the same time on e-bay.
    Have you checked there for Dickie?
    Is it like the phone, you get cut off if you don't pay the bill?
    Has he become a film star?
    Jen says that "Hot Fuzz" was based on him. We going to see it to look for him on Saturday.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:28 pm

    I think that most things that vanish appear at about the same time on e-bay.
    Have you checked there for Dickie?
    Is it like the phone, you get cut off if you don't pay the bill?
    Has he become a film star?
    Jen says that "Hot Fuzz" was based on him. We going to see it to look for him on Saturday.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:22 am

    Dickies days off has been relocated rossosramblings.blogspot.com all explained there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:26 pm

    We have telemarketing here too!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:31 pm

    Nice vacuum.Consumerism gone too far; your mother will be sending photos of her Sainsbury's shopping next. Who knows where it could end, or it might be an endless trail of 'Good for You' meals and price reduced edibles.ajen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:39 am

    Ben,he wrote "Stress Whale".
    Get out the playdough & pins & support your cousin in his hours of need.
    I shall not post photos of my shopping, although todays was very satisfactory, because I don't know how to.
    It would be M&S, actually.
    Portmadoc is on, for those who are game.
    m

    ReplyDelete