Monday, February 12, 2007

Back again

That gaping hole in your life can be replenished once more as I am back from Val d'Isere! The skiing was great, MK and I are now proficient-ish telemark skiers and on the look out for more equipment to fill our basement. J was well behaved, as were the rest of the group (with the possible exception of me at times). He is now waling most of the time and seems to be trying to learn more words. However at the moment his favourite game is to make an enormous sighing noise every time he drinks something.

I will post some pictures when they are off the camera, but in the meantime you can relax and wait!
Travelling all that way by train was quite good fun although the beds were not long enough for me so I was a little cramped and it was somewhat airless during the nights. We got home to more snow and thankfully a warm(ish) house as thankfully heating oil was delivered on the morning that we left so I could get the boiler going to avoid freezing when we got home.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:11 pm

    weeping and waling or just waling?
    Dad's back but dealing with burst pipes!
    How about those dates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 pm

    would that be wailing or whaling?
    Both involve blubbering at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:31 pm

    My lap-top has a raison d'etre again!
    Glad that you're back and had a good time.
    Perhaps J, with his more sensitive hearing, is merely mimicking he noises that he could hear from the sub-strata of snow.(I was listening to a recording made under the ice somewhere, last week)
    I think that it is "wailing" or does he have a harpoon or is this a danish past-time which has not yet hit middle England?
    m

    ReplyDelete