Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Windscreens

Apparently a left hand drive Mazda 6 has a different windscreen than a right hand drive one. That rather irritating fact is the difference between getting one fitted in Shustoke next week for 1740 DKK and getting one fitted in Denmark for 4-5000DKK. That is rather annoying.

I suppose we'll drive around with a cracked windscreen until the car insurance needs to be renewed and then take the optional windscreen cover next time to get it replaced. Thankfully the crack is along the bottom of the screen so it is not in the line of sight.

Tomorrow is the Dust Cup round 1. I hope my somewhat broken front deraileur manages to get me through the race without failing completely, I don't have time to replace it before the race.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:42 pm

    i'm pretty sure that you should be able to get a lhd screen in uk. don't understand why it should be different however - no logic as it is a passive item. Are you sure it's not just a part number issue.
    what model/model year is it? Let me know and I'll make a few enquiries if you like.
    That's a hell of a price. presumably screen is heated and/or tinted/graduated . Does your insurance not cover?

    Cracked screen would get picked up at MOT if in sight area.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 pm

    Looking at the screen I can see that the wiper pacement would be different on an RHD and so the bottom of the screen a different shape. It has a rain senser in it, but no heating or odd tinting that I know of.
    It is a 2005 Mazda 6 estate.
    There is no MOT here, just a check every 2nd year and our was in November I think so there is no hurry.

    ReplyDelete