Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Arrested Development

One of my colleagues with us here in Belgium got a call from his wife this morning to say that his 15 year old daughter was arrested last night for graffiti-ing on a wall in an underpass.

That being in Denmark means that she will be made to clean it up herself, pay a small fine and have a criminal record for a year. Not too clever really, but it got us thinking about all the stupid things that we did in our youth and got away with.

To be honest, I don't think I have performed too many illegal acts and perhaps listing them on the Internet would not be that wise, but I don't think I have ever even considered doing graffiti, I wouldn't want to waste money on paint when I could spend it on beer.

I guess that I just hope I never get a similar call regarding either of our 2 although my colleague seems to have taken it quite well and the police reminded them not to be too harsh with her as she hadn't killed anyone...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:27 pm

    I can't believe that you stopped short of listing your juvenile misdemeanours.Anyway, since you didn't, I won't.
    I don't think we did such things in our day; aj will no doubt remember if we did.
    m

    ReplyDelete