Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Working my way home

I generally don't work whilst travelling unless there is some very pressing task to get sorted out. Today has been something like that, I have had many pressing tasks to get sorted out. Thankfully I now have a load of mail in my outbox waiting to send off when I get home in 45 minutes or so.
It seems that J is making a good recovery from his ear infection which is great news so I should have a good evening entertaining him whilst his mother is sleeping through a conservative party meeting. If he goes to sleep properly, I may even get my bike going in the basement, which brings me onto a subject that was hinted at last week, namely the Transalpes bike race that I was planning to do next year. The registration opened on Friday at noon, however, MK, J and I were slightly delayed at the airport on Friday and hence missed the first 20 minutes or so of registration and with it all of the available places. We are now on a waiting list and can enter a draw with the February edition of a German cycling magazine for another shot at a place. Damn, I was really excited about that. I guess I'll have to look for another challenge...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:15 am

    THAT is what I was asking about when I mentioned "tickets"
    Now have three parcels from England two for me and one for M
    Is one from "little William"?
    Too bad about the race.
    People were mountain biking up Mt Etna - looked like quite a challenge but you and Bent could do it I am sure
    Dad

    ReplyDelete