Thursday, December 14, 2006

The 2007 challenge.

It seems that we will not be taking part in the 2007 Transalpes race as I was too late in signing up and we are therefore number 442 on the waiting list (there are 500 places). This has left me wondering what alternatives there may be available.
Bent and I did one of the hardest one day cyclosportif "races" last year and many of them need to be part of the summer holiday for logistical reasons so I think it needs to be something different...
There is stupidly long 545km Trondheim to Oslo ride that Bent loves to do but the idea of snow in the middle of summer is somewhat off putting. There is a 24 hour mountainbike race near Copenhagen that I think I will enter if the boss approves
I think it could be fun to ride one of the Spring Classic races as well, perhaps the Paris Roubaix or the Tour of Flanders... actually I have just popped over the the Tour of Flanders site and signed up. It is 264km on 7th April if anyone wants to join me on the cobbles then sign up!
Here is the route
Here is the profile

Anyway I am now searching the internet for something suitable in the Rockies, then we can go the US again before J gets to old for us to be able to afford the fare!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 pm

    How about a US coast-to-coast ride?
    Seems you both like a stiff challenge - you could stop over in Boulder before you tackle the mountiains.
    There was also the Etna idea but I suspect that would be too easy and neither of you are currently into mountain biking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 pm

    I can understand the idea of going to the aples for cycling, but Holland??? Its even more flat then here!

    Anyway good luck with that. I assume that the race you are attending is not the one shown on tv?

    /L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:55 am

    In that picture, most of the people are just pushing a bike- only the leader is riding.... you would think that the others would realise that riding is faster than pushing, and give it a go- for the sake of being competitive!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete