Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's tough being a Mum... so it seems

It seems that it is very difficult to suddenly leave something that you have spent 24 hours a day nurturing in some way for more than a year. For the first day back at work yesterday, J was OK but Mum wasn't, today it seems that neither of them were too pleased to be going there separate ways for the day.
Thankfully tomorrow is a day off so they can enjoy each others company and I will also be back home.
It's not nice having to deal with an unhappy loved one from another country, but I suppose that we will all get used to the situation in due course, hopefully the situation will soon change so that we can all have more time together...
I know that before long J will be looking forward to being with his little friends, I just hope that the period of adjustment is not too long for him or his mother.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:41 pm

    It definately is.
    MKM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:10 pm

    Tell MKM that it does get bette with time- I promise.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:52 pm

    it could be worse Mette - I am looking out on 5 cm of snow already and the flatirons are not visible at all!
    Love you all
    W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:53 pm

    It sure is!
    I have now had the job for 32 years 17 days!
    It does get easier, they grow up, leave home & earn a living, in some sort of order.
    I think that J will be at home for a while yet.
    Now, being a granny, that's great.
    m/gm

    ReplyDelete