Thursday, March 08, 2012

RAB Inifity jacket

I got tired of being cold this winter. I have more than one coat, but none of them was warm enough and I ended up wearing a couple at a time which is something of a nuisance. As the winter season stuff is now pretty heavily reduced, I did a trawl of the internet looking for a thinker down coat than the Patagonia down sweater that I bought last year. I found a real bargain on this Rab Infinity jacket at Cotswold Camping.

The coat has a boxed construction on the front to avoid the cold patches that you can get where the front and back of the coat are stitched together and it is generously filled with goose down. The fabric is a new, very light weight rip-stop affair call Pertex Quantum so the whole thing weighs next to nothing but is still very warm as I found out this morning when it arrived.


I doubt that I will wear it many times before next winter, but I love the fit and colour and am rally happy with my choice. The added bonus was the price.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:32 pm

    The answer to stress, sit down so you know where your ass is, your hands are free and let the coat do the thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is only me who can't understand this comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:41 pm

    "I did a trawl of the internet looking for a thinker down jacket",rally Rodinesque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:23 am

    Weighing nothing seems like shades of the emperors new clothes. Or are we just green. Rab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:40 am

    My down coat is a bit of a philosopher, but incredibly warm, so I accept the smart comments & the fact that I look like an elephant in an anorak.

    Was Rodinesque a driver?

    I find it hard to believe that you have more than one coat - has MK forced you to shop?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:44 pm

    Rodin = sculptor of "The Thinker"

    ReplyDelete