Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tenotomy

Before starting to write this, I did a quick google image search to try and find an appropriate picture. I wish I hadn't. But I did find this:



We now have a date for DK's operation on his feet. The plan is to lengthen his Achilles tendons so that his heel bones point down as they should instead of up as they do at the moment. He will then spend a month with both legs in plaster from his toes to his hips and we will spend a month running around after him and entertaining him (thankfully with some help).

I'm sure it will all be fine in due course, but we are not looking forward to going through it and the travel element adds to the frustration of it all.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:41 pm

    Just another little hurdle in your way; and like the others, your strong family will get over it... Not easy, but all is going to be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 pm

    He won't be running far, or hurdling, I suspect.
    He'll cope, as will you all, I'm sure.
    You've got a great team together.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be fun, but we have no doubt that we'll get through it. Mostly we are all feeling a bit sorry for DK who doesn't even know it's coming.

    ReplyDelete